Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Walk

Needless to say, things in our lives have been a bit difficult these past few months, and Michael and I have had very little time to enjoy each others' company as just the two of us (oh yeah, and of course Scarlett Belle fits in there). But we are doing the best we can, and we know that through tough times, we only get stronger although it seems we may never see the light at the end of the tunnel.

We have been together for six years now, and for the most part, it has been just the two of us...the way we like it. Michael is my best friend, my shoulder to cry on, and the man I laugh with every day. He has brought more life to my existence than I could have imagined, and I thank God for him every day. The good Lord knew my obsessive compulsive soul needed a loving slap in the face every now and then to simply chill me out every once in a while, and Michael is the perfect man for the job!

Well...he wasn't perfect at first!!! I have always been one to take walks, maybe it's a need for fresh air, or maybe it's because I don't feel like exerting myself anymore than a nice sprawl requires, but I know I have to exercise somehow. I've never equated running with fun, so I settled for walking instead! I was a walker when Michael met me, and I still am, but I remember living in Arkadelphia while we were in college and begging Michael to take walks with me in the afternoons. "Men don't take walks," Michael would complain. "Why don't you walk, and I will run and double back for you to catch up!" "Sure," I would balk back at him, "but don't expect me to run with you!"

It took a few years and a hyper dog to finally get Michael to fit a walk into his schedule everyday alongside me. I guess he figured out that men do take walks, and I am so glad he did because this is my favorite part of the day...just the two of us together, catching up and chilling out, with Scarlett Belle beside us.

A few weeks ago, we took a breathtaking walk on a trail off the Foothills Parkway in the mountains. It was a wonderful and beautiful afternoon just as the leaves began to peak with their autumn glory. It is on walks like these that I thank God for all that I have and for the beautiful world he created for me to enjoy!

There are lots of pictures...sorry I couldn't decide which ones I liked best!

a curved path

scarlet leaves

Photobucket

Photobucket

curve

stunning

walkway

tree

horses in background

contrasted leaves

leaf

view of the smokies

leaves and sky

red leaf

my favorite

another favorite

yellow leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment