Saturday, March 13, 2010

RUST

Last week, I took a trip to Arkansas and stayed at my aunt and uncle's house in the country. They live on ten acres outside Jacksonville, complete with a beautiful wrap-around porch, a pond, a barn, and many many deer. It was a great opportunity to take pictures of some fun objects around the property, especially because Michael and I live in a townhome that lacks a yard or any character. One afternoon, I went outside to see what I could find, and I caught myself taking pictures of rusty objects in the barn. Yes RUST! Maybe it's because I don't see rusty nails or tools or even rusty chicken wire hiding in my 12x12 paved "backyard," but I found myself seeing beauty in some of these old, inanimate objects found in the country. I had a lot of fun taking these pictures because I usually enjoy taking pictures of flowers. Here are some of my picture capturing a much looked over element I learned to love one afternoon - RUST!

rusty wall

knot and wall

B

Ford

knot and wire

rusty wall2

knot

chicken wire and logs

chicken wire

screw

horse and hatchet

pole

No comments:

Post a Comment