Wednesday, March 11, 2009

November


I simply adore the spring! The days are longer, the weather is warmer, and people begin to smile. I can feel my spirit lifting with each flower that blooms, and my evening walks are so much more peaceful because the birds are singing and the warm southern breeze moves easily through the night, whispering its promise of summer. I believe I need the spring and summer more than ever this year because my first east Tennesse winter has been the coldest, most depressing winter I can ever remember. I have never prayed for the cold to go away as I have this year!

So if I love the spring so much, then why would I call my work "November Photography?" I have asked myself that question as well, and I have come to the conclusion that I don't have a catchy first or last name, and "Bella" has been taken by so many photographers... November has a deep personal meaning, and I believe it fits perfectly with my work. I am a November baby, my husband Michael is a November baby, and our precious Scarlett Belle is a November puppy. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving, I love football games during cold, crisp nights in November, and each November I eagerly anticipate the always joyful Christmas season I never seem to grow tired of.

This Christmas, I was given my first SLR camera with the hopes of becoming a photographer and producing images of the beautiful world I live in every day. I have little experience in serious photography though I admit I have always been a serious snapper of point and shoot cameras. I am definitely a work in progress, but I am having so much fun! I hope you enjoy my work as much as I do!




No comments:

Post a Comment